iMazing was originally called DiskAid and was designed by DigiDNA, an independent software developer incorporated in 2008 under the title of DigiDNA Sàrl at Geneva, Switzerland.
Here’s a screenshot I took while searching for DigiDNA at SOGC (Swiss Official Gazette of Commerce). Based on the preliminary research, DigiDNA is definitely a legit company.
What is iMazing?
IMazing is a iOS device management program that assists iOS users (like me and you who have an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch) transfer, backup, and handle files between your mobile device and your own personal computer without using iTunes or iCloud.
Think of the iMazing app as iTunes with no press purchase function. Additionally, it is much more powerful and suitable than iTunes. For example, with iMazing, you can export and print iMessages; right transfer data from an older iOS device to a new one; extract specific data such as videos, photographs, notes, messages, call histories, etc. . iTunes backup files; and a great deal more.
Do You Need iMazing?
Yes! Everyone with an iPhone, iPod, or iPad requires the program. It links directly to any installed iPhone app, allowing you to easily backup, uninstall, and reinstall anytime without the risk of information loss.
Unlike iTunes, iMazing provides you the option of manually or fully restoring backups, which makes it very useful upon upgrades and replacements. What’s more, it has a Wi-Fi alternative which lets you back up your device effortlessly.
The Way to Use iMazing?
To begin with, you want to download iMazing from the official website and install the app on your PC or Mac. Then, connect your Apple device to the computer through USB or Wi-Fi.
Notice: If you’re using iMazing for the first time, you need to use a USB link and pair your computer using the gadget. Once you”hope” the computer, it will then permit the computer to browse the data on your device.
iMazing Overview: What’s In It For You
Since the app is mainly for backing up, shifting data, exporting & importing, restoring copies, I’m going to list these features by putting them into the following four sections. In each sub-section, I’ll explore what the program offers and how it can help you better manage your iOS apparatus.
1.Backing up your ISO Device The smart & quick way
Backup Options: as soon as you join and “trust that your iOS apparatus “, you will see a screen like this. It provides you the option to back up your apparatus now or afterwards.
I clicked “later”, which brought me into the main interface of iMazing. Here you may explore its features and select the one that you want. It gave me a few choices I could pick before proceeding.
Backup Location: This option lets you pick where you want to store your copies. You can pick the inner computer drive by default, or an external drive. I picked the latter. When I connected my Seagate drive into the Mac, it showed up like that in iMazing
Backup Archiving: We all know iTunes only maintains a single backup per device, meaning your last backup file will be overwritten each time you backup your iPhone or iPad. The downside of this mechanism is obvious: potential data loss. IMazing 2 does it differently by archiving your backups , a wise solution that may prevent information loss.
2. Restore Files You Desire from Backups The Flexible Way
ICloud and iTunes both allow you to restore from the last backup. But let’s face it, how often do you need all your device’s information? That is why we call iCloud or iTunes backups”Blind Restore” — you can not customize the restoration, e.g. select what type of data and which apps would be revived.
That is where iMazing really shines, in my view. IMazing provides you personalized data restore options. You can choose to restore the whole backup and extract all of the files back to your iOS apparatus, or choose the datasets or programs you’d like to restore. The best part? You could also regain a backup to several iOS devices in 1 go.
In accordance with iMazing, here are the Kinds of data that can be transferred: Pictures, Contacts, Messages, Telephone History, Voicemail, Notes, Accounts, Keychain, Calendars, Voice Memos, Apps Data, Safari Bookmarks, and many others. Please be aware that restore backups will eliminate all current data on your target iOS device.
3. Transfer Data from One Device to Another The Convenient Way
That is surely a productivity booster for those who simply got a new iPhone 8 or X. You would like to transfer all the data saved on your previous device to the new phone–what can you? IMazing is the answer. It permits you to rapidly copy the information from the old iOS apparatus to a brand new one. You simply choose which types of data and programs to keep and the iMazing program will look after the rest.
4.Move Files between IOS Device and computer The Easy Way
Now you know how to sync documents (especially newly generated media items) from the iPhone or iPad to a computer, or vice versa, correct? Via iTunes or iCloud!
But how do you like the process? Likely not much! There are cases where you might just want to import a few new photos from the PC or your own iPhone or another way round — but it ends up taking you 15 minutes.
That’s why I really like this feature. You are able to freely transfer almost any type of data between an iPhone/iPad/iTouch and your own personal computer. You don’t need to use iTunes at all.
Is iMazing a Virus?
IMazing is as clean as the name. I tested it using numerous antivirus programs, and each of them came back with the very same outcomes; the program is malware-free.
More so, it passes scans out of Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes Antimalware prior setup. So, you can be certain it does not come with any type of malware, spyware, viruses, or trojan.
Features of iMazing
Therefore, without further ado, let us take a look at some of the iMazing’s main features.
- Backup Your iPhone/iPad: One of the greatest things about iMazing is it lets you backup your iOS apparatus without any hassle. You can make backups, and then browse, edit and edit them as you like. With this software you can also set up automatic wireless backups, making sure your iOS information is secure and protected at all times.
- Quick Transfer: iMazing lets you quickly transfer files and folders (audio, pictures, ringtones, pictures, novels, contacts, apps, and files) from your Mac or Windows computer to your iPhone or iPad. This feature is 100% free in the trial edition of the software.
- IPhone into iPhone Data Transfer: iMazing allows you to safely transfer data from your old iPhone to your new one, in which you’re free to pick which iOS data, programs and content you’d like to maintain. The best thing is that it does not require iTunes or iCloud.
- Export Messages: Another great thing about this software is that it allows you to manage all your iPhone text messages. Whether you are speaking about WhatsApp messages, iMessages or , you can certainly do this with ease. You can publish your iPhone attachments and chats, and additionally, you may export them to PDF, Excel, or CSV as well. The exported messages appear just as they do in your own iPhone, with emojis, and everything in place. Moreover, you can add customized ringtones and notification sounds to your iPhone and that too for free. It supports most of popular formats which include MP3, M4A, AAC, FLAC, AUDIBLE, AIFF, APPLE LOSSLESS, and WAV.
- Manage Contacts: You can easily export iPhone contacts into your Mac or PC, without iTunes or iCloud. The exported contacts can be stored as vCards, as a CSV file compatible with Microsoft Outlook and Excel, even as Windows Contacts, or into the Mac Contacts Program which can later be imported to a different iPhone with no hassle.
- Apps Management: iMazing makes App Management simpler than ever. It is possible to download iOS programs to your Mac or PC, and after put in them for your iPhone or iPad.
- IOS Management: iMazing comes with a powerful iOS management package aimed for electricity users which provides several features such as innovative connectivity, backup, diagnostics options, file system browser, re Pair or upgrade iOS, advanced device info, along with diagnostics.
$ Pricing of iMazing
Another cool thing about iMazing is the fact that it’s priced rather competitively. Based on what you’re looking for your budget, you can undoubtedly find an iMazing permit that is suitable for your needs, as you have enough choices to select from. In addition to that, in the event that you just wish to try out the program, but you are not willing to invest in it just yet, iMazing provides a free trial. In this free trial, all the features are accessible. Though a number of those features come with specific constraints in the trial mode, a few are completely free so that there’s lots you can do with iMazing even in the event that you don’t possess a license. This provides you with the opportunity to test the applications and decide whether you’d like to buy a license or not.
The pricing for the different types of iMazing permits is listed below for your convenience.
Single Permit (for 1 pc ): $44.99.
Universal License (for 2 computers): $49.99.
Family License (for 5 machines ): $69.99.
Is iMazing Safe?
On the operational level, the program is very safe to use. When deleting or erasing content, there’s always a type notification to make sure you realize what you are doing and provide a second-step confirmation. I’d recommend you backup your iOS apparatus with iTunes just in case.
Pros and cons of iMazing
- Perfect iTunes alternative
- Time Machine-style backup simplicity
- One-step replicating between iOS apparatus and computers
- Sleek UI/UX drag-and-drop operations
- Flexible data backup and restore options
- Great customer service
- perfect for substituting iTunes.
- Includes a great deal of amazing features.
- Completely secure.
- Albums generated via drag-and-drop won’t be included in backups
- an be a bit overwhelming in the beginning.
- Directly export or print messages and call logs.
- Employed once with victory, 2nd use would not get the job done.
- Use it 1 time and it is totally dead.
- I wish to return this faulty unit.
Having used iTunes for the longest period, it wasn’t easy shifting to applications like iMazing. Just because using something unfamiliar and new always just a bit hard at first, since it requires more focus and getting used to.
However, after the initial stage of making yourself comfortable with all iMazing’s interface and several features, it becomes obvious that this program is more than just an iTunes replacement. As we have mentioned above, you can do much more with it. You can opt for automatic backup scheduling, browsing and editing your backups, exporting your iPhone messages, shifting a variety of files between your computer and iOS apparatus. A number of the qualities of this excellent software are totally free.